1. Futures cut losses after best quarter in over 3 decades
Traders work on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) in New York, U.S., March 20, 2020.
Lucas Jackson | Reuters
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average shot up more than 200 points, or nearly 1%, on Tuesday to close out the second quarter with an almost 17.8% advance for its best quarterly gain since early 1987.
- The S&P 500‘s nearly 20% second-quarter increase was the best since late 1998.
- The Nasdaq’s more than 30% second-quarter gain was the best since late 1999.
- As of Tuesday’s close, the Nasdaq logged the only positive first half of the year, with a 12% advance in 2020.
- The Dow and S&P 500 finished the first half lower, with declines of 9.5% and 4%, respectively, so far this year.
- The Dow, S&P 500 and Nasdaq were all positive in June heading…